Monday, December 10, 2018

Task 3: Be able to produce production materials for an audio visual promo.

P4: Create the production materials in line with the plan.

Here is some photo evidence of the filming of 'The Boggart!' which was then re-used for the trailer.




I then sorted the footage into the different days of footage and into useable and unusable.

Before filming, we did a location recce and a risk assessment in order to make sure that everyone was kept safe and that we filmed in the best possible locations.

D2: Justify the creation process against the original concept documentation

During the production of my audio visual promo, my concept documents were very useful. For example, the mood board was very useful in helping me to keep the genres and themes that I wanted to use. It reminded me that I want the colour theme to be dreary and plain so I made sure that the fonts I used in the title screens and that the colours I used were plain, but contrasting; black and white.  The mood board also helped me to keep the themes that I wanted in it reminding audiences of the 1958 film "The Blob". I kept these themes through using large title screens to describe what is going on, and through the ominous screams. In "The Blob" trailer, screaming can be heard as people are running away from the monster; in my trailer, screaming can be heard whenever an 'ominous' tree is on the screen. This creates an enigma code in the audience's mind, as they will associate that tree in the film with screaming when they watch the film, and they will know that something bad is going to happen. However, the mystery is introduced as thew audience do not know what caused the screaming.

Another concept document that was useful in the creation of my audio visual promo was the mind map. It helped during editing decisions like deciding what editing style i was going to use. I decided to use lots of quick cuts and to make the cuts to the music which helped show the dramatic themes that I was wanting to show to the audience. My mind map also reminded me, that in wanting to show through my audio-visual promo the urban genre, I should use urban music, as it is easy to recognise.

The storyboards were quite useful in the creation of my audio-visual promo, as they were a detailed plan that helped me create the first minute of my audio-visual promo, however, I discovered very quickly that the amount of storyboards I had created was not enough to last the required time suggested in the brief. Which resulted in myself not following any storyboards for the second half of creating my audio-visual promo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LO1: Understand the purpose of audio-visual promos resubmission.

P1- Explain the structure of identifies audio-visual promos for different purposes. M1- Analyse the different approaches used in the identi...