Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Task 4: Be able to finalise production materials for an original audio-visual promo idea.

P5- Produce an offline edit of the promo.


This is an offline edit of my trailer, meaning it is only the basic footage without any real editing being done to it.

P6- Carry out post-production processes to edit the audio-visual material to produce the final product.






M3- Justify the visual and audio effects used within the promo.

Within the promo, I have included several visual and audio effects. One of the audio effects I did was to add a sound track. My soundtrack, created by Fesliyan Studio, is a piece of music called 'Darkness Arrives'. It is very suspenseful and eerie, this creepy affect was created through the intensity being increased as the pace of the loud drum beat quickens. As well as this, the unplaceable synthesised sounds creates tension as the audience do not know what they are hearing. Also, the length of the piece of music is the perfect length for a trailer; one minute twenty seconds.

Another sound effect I used in my audio visual promo is the use of a scream. The scream was a recording of the actress Kadiza Begum, however, the audio of the scream was elongated in order for it to sound unnatural. As well as this, the scream was played twice, both in areas of silence to emphasise the scream and it being unnatural.

In the promo, there are many fade transitions, these make the beginning shots flow easily from one to another and the fluidity of the beginning shots emphasises the harsh cuts later on in the promo. In the promo I also have title screens. These title screens tell important pieces of information such as a basic plot so that the audience knows what is going on, as well as what actors will star in the film and where the audience can go to watch the film.

Other editing techniques I used includes slowing portions of the footage down. I did this to increase the intensity of the movements of the actors in that shot. By elongating the time it takes for an actor to complete their intended movement, I can emphasise specific parts of the movement to make the audience pay attention to it more.

Also within the promo, I reversed some of the footage. I did this in order to change how the audience related to the promo. The opening shot of the promo is the camera zooming in to a close up the Olympic Park, by zooming in at this point of the promo, it is like the audience are being sucked into watching it. Originally, the footage was zooming out to a wide shot of the Olympic Park and not engaging the audience in the same way.

In the promo, many of the cuts are to the music. This makes each cut stand out as not only can the audience see the cut, but they can hear it too. This also means that as the music speeds up, so does the rate of the cuts, therefore creating more of a tension build up. Throughout editing, the majority of the editing decisions I have made were to increase the tension and build suspense in the promo. I did this as it will increase the audience's want to watch the film that this promo is advertising. It also solidifies the genre of the film as an urban-drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LO1: Understand the purpose of audio-visual promos resubmission.

P1- Explain the structure of identifies audio-visual promos for different purposes. M1- Analyse the different approaches used in the identi...